These pan-seared Garlic Butter Steak Bites are super flavorful and easy to prepare. In fact, they are ready in under 15 minutes and as a bonus – keto friendly! Pair them with my Oven Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic Butter Sauce as shown here. Really tasty!
How to cook tender Garlic Butter Steak Bites
The secret to perfectly seared yet tender steak bites is cooking them fast over medium high heat. It browns the exterior sealing in the juices.
What type of steak works best for Garlic Butter Steak Bites?
I used top sirloin but strip loin, tenderloin, strip steak or even ribeye works great in this recipe.
Cut the bites slightly bigger than you think because they do shrink during the cooking process.
Place the bites into a bowl with a neutral flavored oil and season liberally with salt, pepper and your favorite steak seasoning.
My go-to is always Montreal Steak seasoning (*affiliate link). It’s just the perfect blend for steak (in my opinion).
Preheat a large pan over medium high heat. Add oil and add pieces of the steak. It’s important not to over crowd the pan or the pieces will steam and not sear. Don’t touch!
It will appear like they are sticking, but once they move around freely, they are ready to flip. Repeat the sear on the other side.
Remove the bites to paper towels to drain and rest. They won’t be completely cooked at this point.
Deglaze the pan
Add butter and minced garlic to the pan along with beef stock. You could also use vegetable or chicken stock here if that is what you have on hand, but I highly recommend beef stock.
This process will deglaze the pan and as it does, be sure to actively scrape those browned bits of flavor from the bottom.
Reduce the sauce until a spatula run through leaves a trail. It should be starting to thicken nicely.
Return the steak bites to the sauce and toss well to coat.
Serve immediately with your favorite side.
Did you make this recipe for Garlic Butter Steak Bites? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. Or, tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Heavy bottomed stock pot
- 1 lb Top Sirloin Steak cut into large bite-sized cubes
- 2 tbsp Neutral Flavored Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 c Beef Stock/Broth vegetable broth works too
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- pinch Red Chili Pepper Flakes optional
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Montreal Steak Seasoning or your favorite steak seasoning, to taste
- Cut the steak into large, but bite-sized cubes (they will shrink some as they cook), drizzle with oil and then season well with salt, pepper and Montreal Steak seasoning.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed stock pot over medium high heat. Once hot, add oil and the beef bites. Do not over crowd the pan or the bites will steak, not brown. Don't touch until they move freely on their own. Flip to repeat browning on the other side. NOTE: They will not be fully cooked at this point.
- Remove par-cooked bites to paper towels to rest while we prepare the sauce.
- Add butter, minced garlic and beef stock/broth to the pan to deglaze, scraping up the browned bits and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the steak bites back to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat, cooking to your desired done-ness. Serve immediately.