This low-carb recipe for Skillet Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Green Beans has become one of my favorites! It’s so simple to prepare and comes together in just minutes making meal prep a breeze.
How to make skillet green beans
Begin by trimming and washing fresh green beans. You’ll want to par-cook these, either by steaming, boiling or microwaving. I chose to steam them.
How to make skillet chicken
Sprinkle boneless, skinless chicken thighs with paprika, salt, pepper and onion powder on both sides.
In a skillet over medium high heat, cook the chicken 4-5 minutes per side until a thermometer reaches 165 degrees. Add more butter if necessary to keep it from sticking or burning. Adjust the heat as necessary during the process.
Remove chicken to a plate and allow to rest while we prepare the sauce.
How to make the pan sauce
While the chicken was cooking, I prepped minced garlic, chopped parsley and lemon juice.
To those remaining juices in the pan, add the par-cooked green beans, minced garlic, chopped parsley and another tablespoon of butter.
I’m using vegetable broth here, but you could also use chicken broth. Add a squeeze of lemon juice as well.
Bring the green beans to a boil to reduce the liquid and cook the green beans to desired doneness.
Add the chicken back to quickly reheat it.
Don’t forget to spoon those juices over the chicken. It’s full of flavor!
Serve immediately with a slice of lemon and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
It’s so tender and flavorful. I really think you’ll love this one!
Did you make this recipe for Skillet Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Green Beans? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. You can also tag me on Instagram @aimee_stock. I always love seeing what you come up with 🙂
Skillet Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Green Beans
- Non Stick Skillet
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Butter add more if necessary
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
FOR THE GREEN BEANS:
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1-2 cloves Garlic minced
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 c Vegetable (or Chicken) Broth
- squeeze Lemon Juice save the other half for garnish/serving
- Parsley sprig for garnish
- Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Wash and trim green beans. Steam, boil or microwave to par-cook. They will finish cooking in the skillet.
- Season the chicken with paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper (both sides).
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat (adjust as necessary), add butter and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until a thermometer inserted reaches 165 degrees. Remove to a plate to rest.
- Add the par-cooked green beans to the pan with garlic, parsley, vegetable (or chicken) broth and a squeeze of lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook til green beans are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan to quickly reheat and serve immediately with a spoonful of the thickened sauce. Garnish with parsley and a wedge of lemon, if desired.